Tuesday 5 June 2012

#ladyflat (or A Place To Call My Own)

I live with two male children and a man.  And, you know what?  Sometimes, I crave lady space.  Surroundings with clear surfaces, expanses of pale oatmeal-carpeted floor not strewn with Bakugan and Transformers and Lego.  Somewhere that crystal vases can be placed on glass tables, with fresh-cut flowers, safe from footballs (NOT indoors, how many times?!) and random small boy boisterousness.

I mentioned this hankering to several friends of mine, all of whom have young children.  The resounding response was, "Oh, YES!" and soon photos started appearing in my Facebook feed, where I'd been tagged in pictures of beautiful places worthy of the #ladyflat tag.

So, I thought I'd share some here, in a blog post which I will update from time to time.


#ladyflat drawing room

#ladyflat bathroom

#ladyflat bedroom


#ladyflat #ladygarden (yes, yes, fnar, etc)


#ladyflat staircase-cum-slide (means "with", filthmeisters)

#ladyflat #ladystudy for writing blog posts
and charming letters on pretty stationery




No comments:

Post a Comment